We are excited to announce the release of SquareWorks’ latest NetSuite Bundle: Approval Workflow Automation (now Approval Automation, a feature of SquareWorks Automate AP Automation Suite). After numerous requests from NetSuite customers wanting to build a scalable, stable and easy-to-maintain approval flow, we decided to create a product that would simplify the delivery of approvals in NetSuite. The details of this bundle are now available on our website; read below to hear more about how this bundle can improve your experience and what our earliest customers have to say.
How does our Approval Workflow Automation Bundle enhance your NetSuite experience?
Our newest NetSuite bundle supports any type of approval requirements in NetSuite: Hierarchy-based, Role-Based or anything unique that your business needs by using an engine that was designed with one thing in mind: Simplify the configuration and maintenance, while still being able to support complex requirements. However, one of the biggest differentiators that we’ve built into the Bundle is the ability for employees to approve or deny requests of any record type by integrating a significantly enhanced Email approval experience. Email approval features include:
- No need for a NetSuite Login: Remove the need to sign into NetSuite when a request comes in – streamline your business’ processes by approving or rejecting all record types without leaving your email inbox. Limit NetSuite access to those who need it, and enable your team to do more with their everyday tools.
- Full Audit Trail, including comments: When approving via Email, approvers have the ability to provide comments that will be captured and recorded in the transaction being approved. Additionally, the Bundle provides a full audit trail indicating who approved the transaction, when the transaction was approved and what comments were made by the approver(s).
- Works for Any Record Type: This bundle supports all NetSuite transactions and record types, including custom records. A few examples and some of the most commonly used record types are: Purchase Orders, Expense Reports, Vendor Bills, Vendor Bill Payments, and Journal Entries, but you can virtually use this for any others.
What are SquareWorks Customers saying about this Bundle?
Ashley Rowe, Finance and Accounting Manager at Wellframe, Inc., a Boston-based organization that specializes in Digital Care Management solutions and an early adopter of SquareWorks’ Approval Workflow Automation Bundle explains that they “wanted a way for everyone to be able to see what they’re spending and approve it and have ownership over that.” Before adopting SquareWorks’ Bundle, they were not able to get full visibility into their approvals. Now, with NetSuite and Non-NetSuite users being able to approve transactions in NetSuite, everyone is able to participate in the spending and approval process. This solution brings a centralized process and standard to their company while enabling their team to have more control.
Ashley explains “It is definitely shaving off time in our approval flow” as being a key impact from adopting this bundle, and elaborates that “being able to be confident that each invoice has been fully approved has been great for our team.”
How does this bundle work?
By following a configured workflow and hierarchy structure, the approval requests are automatically routed through your organization to the appropriate person. This process includes the delivery of an Email requesting the next approver to confirm or deny the request. These requests can be approved or denied in NetSuite or in your email inbox directly by clicking on the hyperlinks located in the Email.
The email process is shown below:
- The email request is sent to the approver’s inbox based on the workflow assignment:
- The assigned approver either “approves” or “rejects” the request by clicking the appropriate button. From there, the approver has the option to add comments:
- Upon sending the auto-generated approval email, the Approval Workflow Automation Bundle will update the status of the request in your NetSuite transaction to “Approved,” as well as list any comments included:
- The request process is tracked with time and viewers for transparency and audit readiness:
How much will the Approval Workflow Automation Bundle cost?
To better cater to your team’s needs, we have released two different editions of this bundle. The Standard Edition’s introductory price is $1,999 per year for the license fee, and comes with configurable approval rules, custom email templates, and works for one record type in NetSuite.
The Advanced Edition’s introductory price is $2,999 per year and includes approval settings for an unlimited amount of record types. In addition, both options include the licensed use of the bundle, technical support for issues with standard functionality, and documentation of the Approval Workflow Automation Bundle.
At SquareWorks Consulting, we aim to bring a superior experience with our products and services. We look forward to bringing a custom approval workflow experience to the NetSuite community! For more information about the bundle pricing and features, read here: Approval Workflow Automation Add-On